Implementing operational excellence across all insitro’s laboratories will be an essential component for high-throughput, effective production of high-quality data sets to use in machine learning. As a Laboratory Operations Manager, you are responsible for achieving safe, high quality, and efficient operations across all production and development laboratories. With a focus on process standardization and continuous improvement, you will work to implement tools and workflows for laboratory inventory, sample management, process tracking, EH&S training, and equipment maintenance. You will work to sustain the day-to-day functions of laboratories with inventory stocking, reagent ordering, and lab cleanliness and organization. You also will work to manage vendor relationships to keep abreast of supply chain quality issues.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- B.S./M.S. in biological science or relevant disciplines, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in laboratory management
- Significant experience managing inventory systems for laboratory supplies, reagents, and cell lines
- Demonstrated track record of implementing process improvements for laboratory operations
- Experience with training new and current laboratory personnel in laboratory procedures and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage laboratory best practices and safety programs
- Expertise in overseeing lab equipment QC, calibration, and maintenance
- Familiarity with monitoring and analyzing laboratory workflows and inventory consumption
- Experience with designing, coordinating, and improving laboratory schedules and logistics
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Nice to Have
- Proven experience managing small teams
- Expertise generating process metrics for laboratory operations
- Experience working with large-scale automation systems
- Familiarity with 5S methodology
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is an exciting startup company that aims to take a new approach to drug development: one with big data and machine learning at its core. We plan to build on the ground-breaking innovations that have occurred in life sciences to develop large data sets that are designed from the start to allow machine learning to address fundamental bottlenecks in the drug development process. Our goal is to cure more people, sooner, and at a much lower cost.
We are fortunate to have the strong support from the top investors in both biotech and tech: ARCH Ventures, Foresite Capital, A16Z, GV, and Third Rock Ventures. We are building a remarkable team that embodies a new type of culture, one based on a true partnership between scientists, engineers, and data scientists. Together we are working to define the problems, design experiments, analyze the data, and derive the insights that will lead us to new therapeutics. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!