Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant Therapeutics is seeking a Senior Manager Accounting who is responsible for the financial close process, including clinical trial accounting, and other accounting operations, in accordance with GAAP, SEC requirements and best practices. The ideal candidate will have biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience, and extensive experience working with Quickbooks, managing the equity function, accounts payable function, payroll function and managing employee expense reporting tool (Expensify, Concur or similar tool). This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller. This is a highly visible role within the organization as you will be interacting directly with upper management as well.
- Own monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including development of processes and procedures to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy in financial reporting, as well as preparing journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the close process
- Partner with procurement, FP&A and HR to oversee accounting operations in A/P and Payroll, ensuring proper internal controls and accurate flow of information
- Participate in project teams impacting system of record for clinical and supply chain organizations
- Assist with the administration of executive compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentive programs.
- Ad hoc projects and financial analyses to support key business decisions and projects
- Assists with external audits and tax reporting function
- Leads and participates in cross-functional teams to implement finance department/corporate initiatives.
- Train, manage, coach and mentor staff, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting or Finance with at least 7 years of progressive accounting experience including managing staff; relevant biotech pharmaceutical industry experience is highly desired
- CPA preferred
- Prior experience working for public accounting firm is a plus
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of US GAAP, SEC and experience operating within SOX control environment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- IPO experience, a plus
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.