The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish that, we are putting together an incredible team of highly talented biologist, bioengineers, machine learners, and data scientists who want to make a difference to this important problem. You will have experience leading a proteomic group and leading cross-functional project teams. You will have deep expertise in operation of LC-MS/MS systems and be an expert in unbiased, targeted, and quantitative proteomic techniques. You will have familiarity with performing IP-MS protein-protein interaction studies such as BioID and knowledge of other cutting proteomic techniques such as mass-tags and imaged-based proteomics. You will work in a cross functional team to design new experiments and develop large, innovative disease relevant-biological datasets using cutting edge, high-throughput platforms and assays. You will collaborate to generate large data sets and analyzing the data (internally generated, from external partnerships, or publicly available), make and validate predictions, allowing for the development of effective drugs. You will participate in presenting these results to internal and external stakeholders, and in disseminating your work via scientific publications. We believe that strong teams require diverse skill sets: we like biologists who know how to program, engineers who understand biology, and everything in between. Most importantly, we want motivated and talented candidates who are interested in being part of a unique, cross-disciplinary team.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, yet is very much in formation providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us and help make a difference to patients!
- PhD in protein science, proteomics, molecular biology or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a proteomics group and leading cross-functional project teams
- Deep experience in operation of multiple LC-MS/MS systems
- Experience in unbiased quantitative proteomics techniques such as SILAC and isobaric labeling
- Experience in performing IP-MS protein-protein interaction studies such as BioID
- Experience in performing targeted proteomics such as SRM or MRM
- Experience with high-throughput mass spec techniques
- Familiarity with phosphoproteomics
- Familiarity with mass-tagging and image-based proteomics
- Demonstrated track record of successful scientific execution and communication
- Excellent communication skills, including with people from diverse backgrounds
- Requires a high level of creativity and flexibility
- Passion for working in a team and making a difference in the world
Nice to Have
- 6-10 years of practical experience working on proteomics
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is an exciting startup company that aims to take a new approach to drug development: one with big data and machine learning at its core. We plan to build on the ground-breaking innovations that have occurred in life sciences to develop large data sets that are designed from the start to allow machine learning to address fundamental bottlenecks in the drug development process. Our goal is to cure more people, sooner, and at a much lower cost.
We are fortunate to have the strong support from the top investors in both biotech and tech: ARCH Ventures, Foresite Capital, A16Z, GV, and Third Rock Ventures. We are building a remarkable team that embodies a new type of culture, one based on a true partnership between scientists, engineers, and data scientists. Together we are working to define the problems, design experiments, analyze the data, and derive the insights that will lead us to new therapeutics. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!