At the heart of insitro’s ML-based strategy to drug development is high-throughput production of large amounts of data designed to drive machine learning and produce key biological insights. To execute this strategy, we need to put in place a seamless, robust, effective operation that simultaneously spans multiple projects, some partnered and some in-house. We need to ensure that projects are appropriately resourced, that timelines are met, and that we have access to the best technologies and components.
In this role, you will lead the project management of both partnered and in-house efforts. You will work with scientists and technologists to identify the needs of proposed or active projects, including personnel, technologies, equipment, and reagents. As a member of insitro’s leadership team, you will help decide which projects we can take on, and in what time frame. You will then work across functions to ensure that the projects that we undertake have what they need for successful execution. In this role, you will also maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies, identify those that should be brought in and integrated, and navigate licensing and IP issues. You will also oversee the operational aspects of our strategic alliances with other biopharma companies, manage the selection of CROs and other outsourced efforts, and ensure quality and timeliness of execution. Finally, as our needs grow, you will be in charge of building and managing a world-class team of project and alliance managers.
You will be joining the founding leadership team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- PhD in biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, pharmacology or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in the biopharma industry
- 8+ years experience in managing complex projects that involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- 8+ years of experience building and leading a high-performance team, including hiring and interviewing, setting a vision, and creating a culture of effective execution
- Experience with alliance management in the drug development space, including with large pharmaceutical companies
- Significant track record in identifying new technologies and platforms for high throughput screening and/or drug development, and ability to review and negotiate appropriate licensing agreements to allow these technologies to be brought in-house
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and job functions
- A bias to action, a detail-oriented mindset, and the ability to operate effectively under ambiguous, rapidly changing circumstances
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Nice to Have
- Experience overseeing projects throughout the research and early development process, spanning basic discovery, drug development, and IND-enabling studies
- Exposure to computational methods that are relevant to drug design and development
- Experience working under the resource and time constraints of an early stage startup