The success of insitro relies at its core on our ability to attract, retain, and develop talented individuals across a spectrum of high-demand disciplines, and to build a high-performance culture that synthesizes those disciplines into a whole which is greater than the sum of its parts. To accomplish that, we are looking for an experienced leader whose skills and experience span both recruiting and human resources. In this important role, reporting directly to the CEO, you will build and lead this function within insitro. You will work closely with the CEO and other company leaders to define our strategy around talent acquisition and development, and to help develop our company culture. You and your team will work to build our employer brand and recruit the best talent across diverse areas, ranging from science, to machine learning, to G&A. You will also work with groups across the company to ensure a productive, high-performance, and collaborative work environment. You and your team will also be responsible for ensuring smooth operations for our HR and recruiting functions, including compensation, payroll, onboarding, HR policies, employee development, and more.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 12+ years of progressively increasing responsibility as an HR or recruiting professional
- 5+ years in an HR or recruiting leadership role
- Experience with both recruiting and HR a very strong plus
- Experience at both tech and biopharma organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency in core HR disciplines, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training and development through progressive HR roles.
- Track record of building and nurturing a collaborative, high-performance culture, by fostering, motivating, and influencing behaviors throughout the organization
- Familiarity with HR strategies, processes, policies and laws
- Experience building an organization as it scales
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and job functions
- Proficient in the use of HRIS and Recruiting systems
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is an exciting startup company that aims to take a new approach to drug development: one with big data and machine learning at its core. We plan to build on the ground-breaking innovations that have occurred in life sciences to develop large data sets that are designed from the start to allow machine learning to address fundamental bottlenecks in the drug development process. Our goal is to cure more people, sooner, and at a much lower cost.
We are fortunate to have the strong support from the top investors in both biotech and tech: ARCH Ventures, Foresite Capital, A16Z, GV, and Third Rock Ventures. We are building a remarkable team that embodies a new type of culture, one based on a true partnership between scientists, engineers, and data scientists. Together we are working to define the problems, design experiments, analyze the data, and derive the insights that will lead us to new therapeutics.