The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. In alignment with this strategy, the disease modeling group is building up a large repertoire of scaleable cellular models for multiple disease indications. As a Research Associate in the Disease Modeling group, you will help to establish robust, high throughput iPSC differentiation techniques to produce critical cell types to model various diseases. You will be involved with both the incorporation and scale-up of established protocols, as well as the invention of novel differentiation methods using insitro’s data-driven functional genomics approaches. We are looking for motivated and talented candidates who are interested in being part of a unique, cross-disciplinary team of biologists, bioengineers, machine learners and data scientists who want to make a difference.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding yet is very much information providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us and help make a difference to patients!
· B.S./M.S. in biological science, bioengineering or relevant disciplines, or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of relevant work experience, in academia or in industry
· Strong experience with mammalian cell culture required
· Significant experience or strong interest in learning pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation
· Excellent lab practice and organization required
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Nice to Have
· Both 2D and 3D cell culture and assay experience
· Strong microscopy skills, including immunohistochemistry, 3D imaging, in situ hybridization, live cell imaging, and/or high content imaging
· Experience conducting transcriptomics assays to determine cell-type and function (scRNA-seq a plus)
· Experience working with engineered nuclease (CRISPR/Cas9, ZFN, TALENs)
· Familiarity with high throughput screening and assay development
· Knowledge of flow cytometry and FACS
· Experience with automated liquid handler systems for cell culture (i.e., Bravo, Tecan, Hamilton)
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is an exciting startup company that aims to take a new approach to drug development: one with big data and machine learning at its core. We plan to build on the ground-breaking innovations that have occurred in life sciences to develop large data sets that are designed from the start to allow machine learning to address fundamental bottlenecks in the drug development process. Our goal is to cure more people, sooner, and at a much lower cost.
We are fortunate to have the strong support from the top investors in both biotech and tech: ARCH Ventures, Foresite Capital, A16Z, GV, and Third Rock Ventures. We are building a remarkable team that embodies a new type of culture, one based on a true partnership between scientists, engineers, and data scientists. Together we are working to define the problems, design experiments, analyze the data, and derive the insights that will lead us to new therapeutics. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!