The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting-edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. As an Automation Engineer, you will work to design, develop, and implement automation solutions for protocols and workflows across multiple functions at insitro. You will collaborate with scientists to develop, transfer and validate manual process steps to automated liquid handling and integrated systems. You will work with equipment and system integration vendors on the design, implementation and support of high-throughput automated platforms. You will also be responsible for capturing process requirements and creating standardized operating procedures, as well as analyzing and problem-solving process and automation system issues.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in the startup phase. Due to the early and exciting phase of growth, there are ample opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us and help make a difference to patients!
- B.S./M.S. in science, engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in academia or in industry
- Significant experience in developing and optimizing liquid handling protocols
- Demonstrated track record integrating assays and automation into efficient processes and workflows
- Expertise in creating documentation for process validation and standardized operating procedures
- Experience in developing and optimizing new workflows in collaboration with scientists
- Experience calibrating, maintaining and performing quality control on automation equipment
- Experience with integrating equipment data with LIMS tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with molecular biology and cell culture workflows
Nice to Have
- Competent using programming languages such as Python or C#
- Experience working with large-scale automation systems
- Experience working with automated NGS library prep methods
- Experience working with high-content imaging systems
- Experience working with automated cell culture systems
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is an exciting startup company that aims to take a new approach to drug development: one with big data and machine learning at its core. We plan to build on the ground-breaking innovations that have occurred in life sciences to develop large data sets that are designed from the start to allow machine learning to address fundamental bottlenecks in the drug development process. Our goal is to cure more people, sooner, and at a much lower cost.
We are fortunate to have the strong support from the top investors in both biotech and tech: ARCH Ventures, Foresite Capital, A16Z, GV, and Third Rock Ventures. We are building a remarkable team that embodies a new type of culture, one based on a true partnership between scientists, engineers, and data scientists. Together we are working to define the problems, design experiments, analyze the data, and derive the insights that will lead us to new therapeutics. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!