The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. As a Laboratory Operations Associate, you will support the day-to-day laboratory functions with inventory stocking, reagent ordering, and lab cleanliness and organization. You will work to develop and implement autoclave and waste management procedures. You will also work as part of a team to develop and manage tasks for continuous lab improvements.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in the startup phase. Due to the early and exciting phase of growth, there are ample opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- A.S/B.S.biological science, or relevant disciplines, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience managing inventory systems for laboratory supplies and reagents
- Experience organizing lab areas and coordinating the delivery and management of consumable inventories
- Experience with managing glass wash and autoclave services
- Experience with managing biohazard waste
- Familiarity with laboratory best practices and safety programs
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
Nice to Have
- Experience with laboratory equipment
- Experience with procurement systems
- Familiarity with 5S methodology
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is an exciting startup company that aims to take a new approach to drug development: one with big data and machine learning at its core. We plan to build on the ground-breaking innovations that have occurred in life sciences to develop large data sets that are designed from the start to allow machine learning to address fundamental bottlenecks in the drug development process. Our goal is to cure more people, sooner, and at a much lower cost.
We are fortunate to have the strong support from the top investors in both biotech and tech: ARCH Ventures, Foresite Capital, A16Z, GV, and Third Rock Ventures. We are building a remarkable team that embodies a new type of culture, one based on a true partnership between scientists, engineers, and data scientists. Together we are working to define the problems, design experiments, analyze the data, and derive the insights that will lead us to new therapeutics. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!