The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. You will work with a dynamic team to develop microscopy techniques to feed into insitro’s machine learning pipeline. Your work will span the gamut from molecular biology to optics and image analysis. We are looking for motivated and talented candidates who are interested in being part of a unique, cross-disciplinary team of biologists, bioengineers, machine learners and data scientists who want to make a difference.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, yet is very much in formation providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us and help make a difference to patients!
- B.S./M.S. in biological science, bioengineering, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, in academia or in industry
- Strong experience with fluorescence microscopy including antibody staining (IF), FISH, and live cell microscopy
- Working knowledge of molecular biology including PCR, DNA cloning, and CRISPR
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Excellent lab practice and organization required
Nice to Have
- Experience with CRISPR screening
- A deep understanding of cell biology
- Experience programming in languages like Python, Java or C++
- Familiarity with image analysis
- Single molecule microscopy experience
- Microfluidic device fabrication and automation
- Experience designing optical devices including optical table layout, CAD, and automated device control