We are a new company focused on harnessing intrinsic protein stability mechanisms to expand the reach of small molecule therapeutics. Focusing on diseases caused by protein dysregulation, in ways that are distinct from other approaches, provides an opportunity to create unique and valuable new medicines for patients in need. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced startup environment, and candidates who are keen experimentalists, enthusiastic, creative, and have a passion for drug discovery should apply.
You are a highly motivated research associate with expertise in protein production and characterization. You will be responsible for expression, purification, and characterization of proteins for use in our drug discovery programs. You are a team player who conducts experiments, maintains detailed records, communicates results, and generates standard operating procedures. Intellectual and scientific curiosity, flexibility, personal motivation and drive are key attributes for all members of our team.
We view you as an important team member whose contributions will be critical to our success. Those contributions could include:
- Recombinant protein construct design for both tagged and untagged protein reagents.
- Protein expression in bacterial, insect, and mammalian systems.
- Production of high purity protein reagents using chromatography techniques such as affinity, ion exchange, and size exclusion.
- Protein characterization – HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western Blots, binding affinity, functional assays.
- Biochemical assay development.
Highlights of your background include:
- A degree in biochemistry or a related discipline with a B.S./M.S. with 3-5 years of experience; industry background highly preferred.
- Experience with recombinant DNA design for protein expression and sub-cloning.
- Experience optimizing expression of recombinant proteins in multiple different expression systems.
- Experience with protein purification. Familiarity with AKTA purification systems is a plus.
- Experience analyzing proteins (HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western Blots).
- Excellent attention to detail, strong documentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work within a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to work as an integral part of a drug discovery team.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume with the job title in the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.