Celsius is seeking a candidate will bring strong experimental bench experience and become an integral part of a small team of scientists engaged in validation of new targets and evaluation of novel biologics for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. Primary role will be to design and conduct experiments for producing and characterizing protein reagents as well as biomolecule therapeutics to support target validation and to enable the drug discovery pipeline. Initial responsibilities will include:
Assisting in setting up relevant biochemical analysis and experimental systems.
Experiment execution, data analysis, thorough documentation of the work, and clear communication of results.
- BS/MS or Phd Biochemistry, Protein Engineering, or Bioengineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in an industrial setting.
- Hands-on experience with protein expression, purification, bio-analytical and functional evaluation of recombinant proteins and antibodies.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in purification techniques including affinity, size exclusion, and ion exchange chromatography; and in protein analysis approaches including SDS-PAGE, HPLC, and Western Blot.
- Must be detail-oriented, capable of contributing independently, and able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Hands-on experience in protein expression in mammalian systems, protein purification, protein characterization and analytics.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills.