Are you excited about applying new technologies to solve big problems? Celsius Therapeutics is seeking scientists to work with us in leveraging the power of single cell genomics towards the pursuit of novel drugs for patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. You will be key in shaping the research of novel immuno-oncology and autoimmunity disease targets. We seek people who are curious about new science, comfortable being independent, confident in voicing their opinions, flexible to change as needs arise, and open to working with others on a diverse team.
- Optimization and standardization of sample preparation methods for single cell genomics.
- Immunological characterization of primary tissues (e.g. FACS) and development of cell isolation/enrichment strategies.
- Development, optimization, and validation of novel tissue-based methods for genomics applications.
- Together with NGS experts building sample to data workflows and SOPs tailored to various applications.
- Deploying new cutting-edge single-cell genomics technologies towards clinically relevant questions.
- Execution of various single-cell genomics workflows from tissue to data ensuring high level of quality and reliability of generated results.
- Analyzing, interrogation and integration of large and diverse datasets for target ID.
- Clear communication of research findings in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop scientific staff.
- PhD degree in immunology or autoimmunity a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record in the areas of immuno-oncology or autoimmunity.
- A deep knowledge of immunology is required, with experience designing, performing, and interpreting the results of multiple techniques (e.g. multicolor flow, PBMC isolation).
- Hands-on experience working successfully with primary samples (mouse and human).
- Experience with next-generation sequencing techniques is desired but not required.
- Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading teams, both directly and in matrix organizations.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to learn about and implement new technologies