Celsius Therapeutics is seeking highly motivated Scientists to push the boundaries of current single cell genomic approaches towards the pursuit of novel drugs for patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. You will spearhead and pioneer innovative assays to break new ground in the field that will directly advance identification of next generation targets for oncology and autoimmune disease. We seek those who are curious about new science, confident in voicing their opinions, and driven to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Develop, optimize, and validate novel single cell methods and apply to clinical samples.
- Identify novel single cell platform-based solutions to enable experiments across multiple project teams
- Lead the feasibility assessment of conducting single cell profiling experiments on multiple sample types (frozen, FFPE, etc.)
- Continuously drive technology development through external collaborations.
- Develop and optimize orthogonal approaches to scRNA-seq, such as spatial methods to monitor single cell biology.
- PhD degree in molecular/cellular biology, immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience working successfully with clinical samples.
- Experience in optimizing RNA-based methods on clinical samples is a must, with exposure to single-cell methods highly preferred.
- Experience in FACS, histology techniques, or mass cytometry is an asset.
- Prior experience managing and mentoring direct reports and working with external vendors/CROs is a plus.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.