The Director, IT will be responsible for driving the company’s IT processes, procedures and
overall strategic direction. This will be a hands-on role supporting day-to-day operations of
network, security, enterprise architecture and telecommunications infrastructure at Third Rock.
- Create, maintain and update IT practices, policies, procedures and associated plans for
security, desktops, and infrastructure.
- Management of internal IT systems, databases and special projects.
- Evaluate and determine strategy for insourced and outsourced IT service models,
including management of MSP.
- Assess and make improvements to enterprise data architecture strategy and manage
storage, backup, integration and accessibility of data, including disaster recovery and
business continuity plans.
- Support the IT needs of internal staff, ensuring a high level of service and
- Manage IT activities related to new company launches
- Provide strategic IT guidance to Third Rock portfolio companies
- Degree in computer science or related technical discipline plus 5-7 years of relevant
experience managing IT infrastructure and services. Experience in biotech or venture
capital is a plus. Experience with evaluating, implementing and managing on-prem and
cloud infrastructure (storage/compute/networking), enterprise systems, and core
- In depth understanding of public cloud technologies (preferably AWS)
- Ability to identify impediments to complex business and technical issues and provide
timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.