We are looking for a hands-on Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our team that builds, maintains, and supports Fulcrum’s corporate IT infrastructure and internal staff. This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of a team that is fueling a growing biotech company. In addition to having a solid technical background, this candidate will have excellent communications skills, be able to work with a managed services provider, and have a passion for service and all things IT. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with or have directly worked in the Life Sciences industry.
The IT team is responsible for help desk support, server administration, IT security, workstations, laptops, network configuration, and Lab IT/Informatics support. It also is responsible for audio/video conference systems, VoIP, file storage systems, and backups. Additionally, the team supports and maintains Fulcrum’s cloud operations in AWS.
- 3-5 years IT Operations/Systems administration
- 1+ years Project Management experience
- Excellent leadership skills, writing and verbal communications skills
- Experience working with cross-functional departments and teams
- Experience with AWS configuration and administration
- Experience with Network configuration, support and maintenance for servers, workstations, and laptops
- Experience with VMWare ESXi & Windows, Linux, and Mac Operating Systems
- Experience with Enterprise Backups, Disaster Recovery, and BDRs.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of Network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, SNMP
- Solid fundamental knowledge of IT Security + Identity and Access Management
- Experience with Office 365 Administration and Scripting (PowerShell, AWS CLI), and deployment/management tools
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Teamwork – works well with others within team and across groups in company
- Execution Success – plans and meets/exceeds objectives on time and with quality
- Entrepreneurial – flexible, optimistic, problem-solving approach
- Leadership and Initiative – does the right thing without being asked, proactive at dealing with issues, can-do attitude