Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Functional Genomics at Maze Therapeutics
South San Francisco, CA, US
We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking talented and highly motivated individuals with expertise in molecular and cellular biology to join our functional genomics team. These individuals will catalyze our efforts to discover new therapeutic targets by developing and running cell-based CRISPR screens using a variety of assay technologies and contribute to development of new functional genomics screening technologies.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- Cell line engineering and assay development to enable functional genomic screening for new genetic modifier targets.
- You will optimize, troubleshoot, and execute genome-wide lentiviral CRISPR screens with Next Gen Sequencing and other assay readouts.
- Analysis of screen outputs and follow-up of hits with disease-relevant cell-based assays.
- You will collaborate with colleagues on our therapeutic area teams to develop assay strategies for primary screens and hit validation assays.
- Contribute to development of automated processes, data analysis methods, and advanced assay technologies including single cell RNA-seq assays and imaged-based high-content assays.
Your Navigation Tools:
- BS/MS in a biological science discipline and at least 3-10 years of relevant experience.
- Broad laboratory experience and skills in molecular and cell biology.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is required, experience with cell line engineering, lentivirus transduction, and Next Gen Sequencing methodologies is preferred, and experience working with primary cells is a plus.
- Expertise in cell-based assay development and screening using a variety of readout technologies including flow cytometry, image-based assays, reporter gene, and gene expression-based assays. Experience with large-scale CRISPR screens in pooled and/or arrayed formats is strongly desired.
- Experience and comfort with laboratory automation is preferred, and high throughput screening experience is a plus.
- Strong experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and organizational skills.