We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking innovative scientists to build Maze’s functional genomics platforms and utilize them to discover new genetic modifier targets for our therapeutic programs. These individuals will have expertise in one or more of the following: molecular and cellular biology including cell engineering, cell-based assay development including assays and technologies for CRISPR screens, and development of new molecular biology tools and screening technologies.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- You will develop and integrate technologies for genome-wide CRISPR screens into a world-class platform and continue to look for opportunities to improve our capabilities.
- Engineer cell lines and develop assays and model systems for functional genomics screens for new genetic modifier targets.
- You will develop, run, and analyze functional genomics screens.
- Develop strategies for hit follow-up and target validation in collaboration with colleagues from our human genetics and therapeutic area teams.
- Optimization of screening workflows using automation and analysis pipelines in collaboration with colleagues from our research infrastructure and data science teams.
- Champion ideas for new target discovery projects.
- Mentor junior members of the Functional Genomics team.
Your Navigation Tools:
- PhD with at least 3-8 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or academic setting or a MS with several years of relevant industry experience.
- An outstanding reputation in your field as a creative scientist and technology innovator.
- Broad laboratory experience and skills in molecular and cell biology. Experience with several of the following: CRISPR screening in pooled and/or arrayed formats, cell line engineering, Next Gen Sequencing, CRISPRa/CRISPRi, single cell RNA-seq.
- Extensive experience with cell-based assay development and screening using a variety of readout technologies including flow cytometry, image-based assays, reporter gene, and gene expression-based assays.
- Strong quantitative intuition, excellent data analysis and data mining skills, and experience and comfort with laboratory automation.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and project management skills.
- Track record of mentoring and developing associates is a plus.