We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking talented and highly motivated biologists to establish cell-based and biochemical assays to drive our early programs, contribute to the execution of genome-wide cell-based genetic and small molecule screens, and perform detailed mechanistic biology studies. Strong candidates will be highly organized, eager to learn and will have the self-confidence to work across boundaries to help answer challenging scientific questions.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- Design and perform in vitro studies and assays for target validation and in support of therapeutics development (product related characterization assays and preclinical assays -bioanalytical development).
- You will proactively support development of assay strategies and engage with members of the team in experimental design, troubleshooting, sample analysis, data interpretation, and report generation.
- Work well independently and in collaboration with colleagues across various functional areas.
- You will present data in group and project team meetings.
Your Navigation Tools:
- B.S./M.S. in a biological science and at least 3-7 years (there is room for more senior positions) of lab experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting.
- Ideal candidates will have a depth of research experience in cell biology and assay development and a broad range of additional laboratory skills.
- Experience in a drug discovery environment is preferred but not required.
- Experience and expertise with mammalian cell culture is required. Additional experience with cell line engineering is preferred, and experience working with and isolating primary cells is a plus.
- Experience with development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA) is required. Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, image-based high content assays, gene expression analysis, and laboratory automation.
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications is required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills and are required.