We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking exceptional, hands-on researchers to contribute to challenging projects in drug discovery and target discovery for a variety of therapeutic areas (including neurologic disease, metabolic disease, renal disease, and oncology). Our scientists work across boundaries to tackle whatever experiment, assay, or screen is necessary to develop high-impact medicines. We are modality agnostic and campaigns may include both small molecule and biologic therapeutics.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- You will design, develop and execute biochemical and cellular assays to profile novel therapeutics.
- Design and conduct experiments to validate therapeutic concepts for target disease.
- You will develop and execute pooled or arrayed functional genomics screens of cellular disease models, using cell lines or differentiated cells (e.g., stem cell-derived neurons).
- You will analyze complex genomics or compound screening data sets.
- Collaborate with internal and external members of cross-functional project teams.
Your Navigation Tools:
- PhD in a relevant field, or BS/MS + >8 years’ experience in an academic or industrial setting. Level is commensurate with experience.
- Specific experience is preferred in some of: cellular disease modeling, functional genomics, biochemical and cellular assay development.
- Computational skills, such as R/Python scripting, or similar, are a plus.
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to diverse projects and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.