This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and have a direct impact on the immuno-oncology science we are doing to advanacen our broader immunometabolism drug pipleline. This person will be responsible for initiating, designing and developing new scientific projects relevant to immuno-oncology. The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform a variety of immune based in vitro assays including both cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Responsible for developing in vitro and in vivo immunological assays for immuno-oncology
- Support scientists in developing new assays including the setting up of mixed lymphocyte reactions, Treg suppression assays, in vitro cytotoxicity assays and projects
- Independently design, execute studies and perform data analyses
- Partner with bioinformatics and metabolism scientists to analyze and interpret data to generate novel hypothesis and validate targets for modulation of immune cell functions
- Establish novel technologies and platforms for interrogating immune cells in human patient tissues
- Participate in drug-discovery efforts including developing novel assays for compound screening or biomarker identification
- Test and implement cutting edge technologies such as Seahorse Bioflux analyses to drug new targets
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Training:
Bachelors degree in cellular and molecular immunology, cancer biology or biochemistry with 5-8 years experience OR MS with 2-5 years’ with relevant and extensive experience in immuno-oncology research and development in a biotech industry setting.
- Extensive experience in in vitro immune based assays in isolating, differentiating, culturing and profiling immune cell subsets of both innate and adaptive immunity or various other non-immune cell types.
- Relevant industry experience and working with cross-functional matrixed project teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to design and develop independent projects
- Ability to be creative and apply a wide variety of scientific concepts, innovate and solve problems
- Design and execution of methods to support platform and program development including assays for characterizing target expression/engagement
- Ability to prepare technical reports to support process development/IND filing
Preferred additional Knowledge & Experience:
- Hands-on experience with human immunology strongly preferred
- Familiarity with and hands on experience in in vivomurine models of immune related diseases desired
- Capability to develop in vivo models relevant for immune-oncology
- Understanding and experience with immunometabolic techniques such as Seahorse Bioflux analyses would be a strong plus.
- Prior experience or track record in Immunometabolism a huge plus