Rheos Medicines is developing a platform for drug discovery and development in the novel area of immunometabolism. We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative and innovative computational scientist who will work at the leading edge of bioinformatics, computational biology, immunology and systems biology. This individual will play a key role in building Rheos’ computational engine to drive target discovery through analysis and integration of multi-dimensional omics datasets.
- Implement and apply novel bioinformatics methods on complex omics datasets; e.g. single cell technologies, epigenomics
- Build, update and maintain computational tools, pipelines and creative visualizations
- Identify and curate relevant large-scale public dataset
- Participate in project teams and contribute to experimental design and data analysis, interpretation and communication of results
Requirements and Qualifications
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or a related field with 2+ years’ work experience or MS with 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience in analysis of single-cell technologies
- Experience with network biology and algorithms a plus
- Experience with open source bioinformatics tools and pipelines
- Hands-on experience on with data visualization tools (R-Shiny, Spotfire, etc.) and multi-dimensional dataset visualization
- Good publication record
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong programming skills in R or Python
- Familiar with good practices for reproducible research (Github, notebooks)
- Familiar with high performance computing (preferably cloud computing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience in biotech/pharma industry drug discovery
- Experience in computational pipelines for analysis of complex omics datasets, such as single-cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, etc.
- Experience in integrative analysis of multi-dimensional omics data
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud-computing platform