We are seeking a highly-motivated associate level scientist to join our growing stem cell biology team. The successful candidate will be an integral member of a team involved in projects focused on developing novel therapeutics to improve stem cell transplantation. The position requires experience working with primary human or mouse cells, tissue culture, flow cytometry, and experience in assay development and optimization.
Magenta is a truly matrixed environment where opportunities to grow and expand your skills are not only available to you but part of the expectations for success here. Through mentoring by both management and your peers, you will have the chance to make an immediate impact with the skills you bring while increasing that impact through growth.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Maintaining human and murine cell lines and primary human cell cultures
- Performing a broad range of immunological/cellular biology assays to help broaden our understanding of how our therapeutic leads can affect normal immune function and autoimmune disease
- Designing and executing murine experiments in immunological murine models of disease and stem cell transplant
- Independently developing, troubleshooting, and executing complex experiments
- Engaging and contributing across multiple functional groups, particularly Biotherapeutics and In Vivo Pharmacology
- Generating and maintaining clear experimental records
- Analyzing and regularly presenting experimental data to the team
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- BS or MS degree in a relevant field (Biology/Immunology) with 3-5 years of relevant research experience
- Experience with human in vitro cellular techniques is required, including:
- primary human cell culture (experience working with Hematopoietic stem cells or T cells desirable)
- multi-parameter flow cytometry,
- functional assays
- Experience with murine handling required with experience in dosing, survival blood collection, and tissue harvesting highly preferred
- Must be a creative, organized, motivated self-starter, capable of independent research with minimal supervision
- The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team.
To be successful as a leader and contributor within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- A proven cross-functional leader. You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage Commitment & Excellence