The successful candidate will join the In Vivo Pharmacology group at Celsius Therapeutics in Cambridge, MA and aide in the pharmacology studies in autoimmune diseases and tumor immunobiology. The position will utilize in vivo models and immunological techniques for new target discovery and new therapy profiling. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual that possesses the ability to work in a matrixed environment to advance preclinical drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication, capable of presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
- BS or MS in immunology, pharmacology, animal science/veterinary technician degree, or related discipline, preferably with at least 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Highly skilled in various methods of dosing (SC, IP, IT, PO, and IV) and blood collection (RO, tail vein, and cardiac puncture).
- Experience in tumor measurements by caliper, body weighing, and health monitoring.
- Experience in harvesting and disaggregating tissue/tumor for subsequent ex vivo analysis.
- Experience in utilizing multi-color FACS including characterization of tissue/tumor infiltrating lymphocytes.
- Proficiency in utilizing software such as Graph Pad, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and data summary.
- Able to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems and develop process improvements.
- Highly motivated and results driven individual with a passion for working in a fast-paced and evolving organization.
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multitasking, highly organized and good record keeping.
- Independently conduct mouse in vivo pharmacology experiments, including but not limited to initiating, maintaining and evaluating disease models and model development, animal identification and randomization, dosing, blood sampling, and tissue/tumor collection at necropsy including fixation, freezing and tissue disaggregation for ex vivo analyses.
- Provide overall in vivo and ex vivo technical supports
- Author SOPs under supervision
- Maintain and organize data to effectively communicate experiments procedures and results
- Assist in IACUC documentation preparation and renewal
- Work as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities.
- Interface with external laboratories for testing and sample analysis.