About the Company
Magenta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company harnessing the power of stem cell science to revolutionize stem cell transplantation for patients with immune and blood-based diseases. By creating a platform focused on critical areas of transplant medicine, Magenta Therapeutics is pioneering an integrated approach to stem cell therapies to create patient benefits. Founded by internationally recognized leaders in stem cell transplant medicine, Magenta Therapeutics was launched in 2016 by Third Rock Ventures and Atlas Venture and is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.magentatx.com.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team developing novel therapeutics to transform hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. This challenging opportunity will involve translational research in human hematopoietic stem cell biology. Specifically, the candidate will pioneer assays across multiple programs focused on (1) optimizing ex-vivo stem cell expansion of gene-modified hematopoietic stem cells and (2) developing new technologies to rapidly harvest hematopoietic stem cells for delivery to patients. This position requires in depth knowledge of cell and molecular biology and allows the researcher to discover, optimize, and evaluate mechanism of action of new therapeutics aimed at improving patient outcomes after transplant.
- Independently design, execute, and analyze in vitro and in vivo hematopoietic stem cell assays
- Utilize assays to evaluate efficacy and mechanism of action of drug candidates
- Analyze and present scientific data while engaging colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion
- Stay abreast of relevant scientific literature
- BS, BA, or MS degree in a relevant field (molecular biology, immunology, cell biology)
- At least 1-5 years of relevant research experience, industry experience is a strong plus
- Experience working with cell lines and primary cell cultures, preferably of human hematopoietic stem cells
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry, gene editing, and molecular techniques (PCR, real-time PCR, ELISA, etc.) is highly desirable
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn in vivo techniques (animal handing, dosing, blood collection, and tissue harvesting)
- Must be a scientifically-motivated, highly organized, and goal-oriented researcher, capable of independently conceiving, optimizing and executing, critically analyzing, and documenting his/her own innovative work across multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team are vital
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package.