Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual with strong expertise in Biochemistry to join our Lead Discovery team.
You will engage in establishing and supporting early drug discovery efforts targeting E3 ligases in the areas of Oncology and Immuno-Oncology. Specifically, you will conceive and conduct experiments to support lead compound identification and elucidate the mechanism of action of small molecule drug candidate targets in the ubiquitin proteasome pathway.
Your responsibilities will include planning, execution and analysis of in vitro biochemical screening and mechanistic assays to support small molecule discovery efforts for new and ongoing programs. You will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings to project teams. You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into your work.
Ideally, you will be self-driven, highly organized, focused and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients
- Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field with 6+ years industry experience (or Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of industry experience)
- Strong background with hands-on experience in development, optimization and execution of various biochemical binding and activity assays including FP and FRET
- Prior experience in small molecule screening, liquid handling instruments and data analysis
- Familiarity with general biochemical and molecular biology techniques including protein expression and purification to support downstream mechanism of action and target occupancy readouts for drug candidates
- Previous experience in ubiquitin biology is a plus
- Strongly aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; team-oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach