Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a seasoned Preclinical formulator who will be responsible for preformulation characterization of preclinical compounds.
You will prepare dose formulation for PK/PD/Tox studies as needed and transition lead compounds to clinical formulations. You will develop immediate/modified release oral and/or parenteral dosage forms, oversee contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) for formulation development, scale up and GMP manufacturing activities. As such you will need to have a strong ability to troubleshoot problems.
In addition, you will serve as formulation lead in multidisciplinary project teams and/or sub-teams, evaluate new formulation and preformulation technologies, have an expert understanding of preformulation and formulation areas and use published literature to extend understanding as well as consult internal and external experts as needed, and prepare and/or review written documents including technical reports, batch records, regulatory filings.
You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. with at least 2-5 years of experience or MS/BS candidates with at least 7-10 years of experience in small molecule formulation development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with CMO/CRO oversight is required
- Highly independent, self-motivated and integrate well within a team
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Good organizational skills with an ability to work in a high paced team environment to meet deadlines and prioritize work on multiple projects