Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to join our medicinal chemistry group in the pursuit of novel small molecules. You will engage in rational structure-based drug discovery enabled by our computational and structural biology group. Specifically, you will design and synthesize novel chemical entities optimized for potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy. As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix and with external collaborators. Additionally, you will contribute effectively to patent, report and scientific publication writing.
You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into your work. You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry preferably with at least 2 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience within a medicinal chemistry department
- Successful application of structure-based drug design leading to advanced leads / development candidates
- Strong working knowledge of protein-ligand interactions, conformational and structural analysis, experienced in partnering closely with computational chemists through appropriate use of computational tools, models and visualization applications
- Proven track record of innovative project contributions including peer-reviewed publications
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic problem-solving skills
- Excellent scientific expertise in organic synthesis, conversant with the current literature
- Strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles with a solid understanding of key ADME, biochemical and pharmacological principles and able to effectively integrate and apply these to the optimization of multiple parameters during lead generation and lead optimization efforts
- Ability to champion the chemistry efforts into new directions to achieve project milestones
- Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments of the chemistry efforts to other members of the department
Application Process Please include a two-page research summary that highlights the above required qualifications along with your resume.