Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking an exceptional senior leader in Medicinal Chemistry to join the drug discovery leadership team.
The position will hold responsibility for leading the medicinal chemistry team as well as multidisciplinary project leadership, strategy and execution. The successful candidate will participate in cross-functional senior teams across the wider discovery and development organizations and be responsible for communication with the executive management team, the board of directors and external collaborators.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 10+ years drug discovery medicinal chemistry experience, including at least five years of team and project leadership in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Solid track record of innovation and impact on programs, with direct contributions to company pipelines (including both successful advances and smart terminations)
- Experience with championing medicinal chemistry efforts into new directions to achieve project milestones
- Ability to oversee the design of novel chemical entities optimized for potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy
- Rigorous scientific curiosity evidenced by contributions to diverse medicinal chemistry strategies
- Track record of developing and leading high performing scientific teams in a highly collaborative cross-functional project-based environment
- Ability to make sound judgments in evaluation and strategic decision-making around early screening or literature hits
- Experience with directing teams through the drug development phase transitions
- Excellent scientific and business communication skills