Tango, a 2017 “Fierce 15” company, is an exciting new oncology company launched by Third Rock Ventures, one of Boston’s premier biotech funding groups. Our focus is on exploiting synthetic lethal interactions to discover and develop new breakthrough cancer therapies.
Our discovery efforts begin and end with patients. We invert the traditional discovery paradigm by putting patient selection before target identification. We use deep DNA sequencing and CRISPR-based screening to identify novel targets for specific subgroups of cancer patients. Our goal is to leverage the principles of synthetic lethality to find novel weaknesses in cancer cells and use them to provide a roadmap to cures. As we advance our molecules into the clinic, our trials will enroll the patients most likely to benefit from our new treatments; thereby enabling greater speed, success, and impact for those patients.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and enthusiastic Software Developer to work on a variety of high-dimensional bioinformatics projects centered on target identification, drug discovery and translational research. The individual will work with computational biologists to design tools for computational analysis, including next generation sequencing data. The successful candidate will be one who can develop novel methods, analysis strategies and tools to filter and distill multi-dimensional datasets to support primary research. A critical component of the job will be the close collaboration with multi-disciplinary internal discovery teams and external collaborators.
- Design and evaluate tools for the analysis of cancer exome and transcriptome sequencing data, as well as other high-throughput data types
- Apply machine learning/statistical-based approaches to establish and benchmark predictive models of biological/chemical data
- Develop and contribute to external collaborations and partnerships
- Liaise with lab scientists and computational biologists as a project team member and provide expertise as a scientific resource
- MS or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or related fields with 3+ years of industry experience; equivalent academic or professional experience will be considered
- Expertise in software development or software engineering
- Proficient programming skills and computational analysis software development background
- Prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multidisciplinary teams composed of scientists and non-scientists to translate emerging research to guide internal programs
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, particularly of complex information and concepts
Other ideal areas of scientific expertise:
- Significant experience in the analysis of high-throughput DNA and RNA high-throughput sequencing data, including alignment, quality measurements, variant calling, fusion discovery and transcript quantification
- Fundamental statistics and machine learning applications to life sciences
- Predictive modeling, benchmarking
- Experience with mining public data sets, such as TCGA
- Technical proficiencies should include:
- Linux in a grid and/or cloud environment, experience with cloud computing preferred
- Familiarity and experience applying statistical fundamentals
- Experience with R, Python, SQL are highly desirable
- Identify partners/consultants to complement internal bioinformatics efforts
- Creative, innovative thinking