Are you looking for a role with impact?
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
We started with an idea— Significant needs remain for patients living with autoimmune diseases, blood cancers, and rare genetic diseases. Bone marrow transplant is a potential cure for many, but its high risks, toxic side effects and complexity prevent many patients from being able to benefit. Magenta is working comprehensively to change the transplant journey for patients.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You are perfect for this role if you like to and want to be responsible for:
- Providing executive-level administrative support to the Magenta Executive Team members by anticipating, determining, and fulfilling the team members needs in a proactive, well-organized and customer-oriented fashion
- Collaborating with a team of other like-minded individuals, ensuring that our operations are running smoothly. This can sometimes mean coordinating workflow across other administrative professionals
- Maintaining and actively managing multiple calendars; planning, scheduling, and coordinating meetings, teleconferences, travel, onsite/offsite meetings
- All the details that are important to get right; processing expense reports, preparation of complex travel arrangements; including: booking flights, accommodation, car service, arranging meetings and preparation of itineraries, overseeing fluctuating schedules with both internal and external stakeholders
- The logistics of day to day life in a fast-moving organization; Mailing, tracking and documenting confidential documents, keeping on top of filing, copying, scanning and faxing
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- An ability and interest to address problems and develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions without relying on precedent or supervisory review. Exercise independent judgment and discretion of sensitive/confidential and proprietary information
- 3-5 years of experience supporting dynamic teams within companies with phenomenal corporate cultures and various stages of growth.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a strong skillset and experience using MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). You will have the ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies allowing executives to be productive from any location
- Your initiative and drive to get things done.
- Your ability and understanding of the importance to maintain confidentiality as well as your composure while multi-tasking under pressure
- Strong relationship building skills – with peers and the Administrative team
- Commitment to a high-performance, patient & people-first culture, where there is alignment around a common vision and individuals are supported in their growth path
- Experience working in cultures where courage, commitment and excellence are the backbone of the leadership profile
Personal Characteristics and Cultural Fit
To be successful as a leader and contributor within Magenta, you must be:
- You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business.
- You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- A proven cross-functional leader. You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Enterprise-focused and Business-savvy. You will always seek to put the goals of the company first, and help others understand the tradeoffs we need to make across the business. You’ll also be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at Magenta and able to support those activities as requested.
- You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume and include the job title in the subject of your email.