Are you looking for a role with impact?
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
We started with an idea— Significant needs remain for patients living with autoimmune diseases, blood cancers, and rare genetic diseases. Bone marrow transplant is a potential cure for many, but its high risks, toxic side effects and complexity prevent many patients from being able to benefit. Magenta is working comprehensively to change the transplant journey for patients.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Building out a robust FP&A function at a growing company
- Creating and managing budgets, financial models, reporting and forecasts in support of our unique approach to bettering patient’s lives
- Collaborating with and providing financial support for executive leadership – including creation of financial presentations, evaluation of business operations, and analyzing capital expenditures to support decision making
- Serving as a partner and teammate to department leads by providing analysis, design of appropriate business cases and financial guidance
- Playing a lead role in developing and maintaining strategic plans to assist in the evaluation of business initiatives
- Preparing variance and financial statement analysis
- Managing annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligning budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners
- Leading the near-term and long-term financial planning process, partnering with program management & corporate development to develop financial plans to execute against company priorities and coordination for strategic planning function
- Prepare, compile, analyze and communicate information for financial reporting and analysis including quarterly results package for enterprise operating reviews
- Ensure the efficient day to day operation of FP&A through the management and execution of forecasts, budgets, mid and long-range plans, etc.
- Serve as finance representative on cross functional product development teams, managing program budgets, coordinating cost projections, conducting what-if analysis
- Responsible for tracking & reporting of financial performance
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA highly preferred
- 8-10 years’ experience developing financial analyses for programs from clinical development through initial commercial launch in a biotech/pharma setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, remain highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- A track record of clearly communicating a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures and
To be successful as a leader and contributor within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business.
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- A proven cross-functional leader. You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Enterprise-focused and Business-savvy. You will always seek to put the goals of the company first, and help others understand the tradeoffs we need to make across the business. You’ll also be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at Magenta and able to support those activities as requested.
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars: Courage, Commitment and Excellence
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume and include the job title in the subject of your email.