Neon Therapeutics is an immuno-oncology company focused on developing novel therapeutics leveraging neoantigen biology to treat cancer. Neon utilizes its expertise in bioinformatics, neoepitope prediction and immune monitoring to identify tumor specific mutations and monitor clinical response to their personalized vaccines. Neon Therapeutics’ lead program is NEO-PV-01, a bespoke neoantigen vaccine that builds upon years of research and development at the Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. NEO-PV-01 is now being studied in a Phase 1b clinical trial combining the vaccine with Opdivo®, a PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor from Bristol-Myers Squibb, in patients with measurable metastatic melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer and bladder cancer. Three additional clinical trials are planned for 2018. Also in development are NEO-PTC-01, a bespoke autologous T cell therapy, and NEON / SELECT, a Shared Neoantigen Program leveraging neoepitopes that are common across patients and tumor types.In addition, Neon has established strategic partnerships with CRISPR, Merck, and Apexigen, among others. By the end of 2018, it is anticipated there will be multiple clinical programs utilizing Neon’s platform.
Neon Therapeutics was incubated and launched by Third Rock Ventures and raised a $55M Series A in 2015 and, more recently, a $106M Series B in 2017.
Neon Therapeutics is seeking a Director/Senior Director of Investor Relations and communications reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The D/SD of IR will develop and support the company’s IR strategy by developing strong relationships with the investment community. The D/SD of IR will be responsible for developing and supporting the company’s IR and PR strategy, developing and implementing strategic programs to keep investors current on Neon’s positioning against industry trends, as well as helping shape Neon’s own strategy. The ideal candidate will be a key strategic partner to the CFO.
A successful candidate will embody and demonstrate commitment to Neon’s core values: Patients, People, Science, Tenacity, Pioneer, Integrity
- Develop and execute the company’s investor relations and communications strategy
- Partner with the CFO on company strategy
- Assess company, peer group, and industry factors to develop materials and communication strategy for quarterly and annual reporting, press releases, presentations, briefing information, Q&As, and other external representations
- Collaborate with leadership team and key stakeholders to define strategic communications delivered to investors, analysts, and the public
- Maintain comprehensive, current knowledge of Neon’s research and development approaches and business strategies to better inform IR strategy
- Develop and manage relationships and maintain regular communication with investors to provide up-to-date information about market trends
- Plan, manage, and oversee external events including investor meetings
- Monitor and analyze data on trading activities, relevant industry data, and competitor performance to ensure Neon is strategically positioned for success
- Serve as primary point of contact for all media and investor inquiries
Experience and Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- Advanced degree in life sciences or finance including Ph.D., M.D., MBA, CPA, or CFA is preferred
- Experience in life sciences/biotechnology sector highly preferred
- Strategy/Management consulting background highly desirable
- Minimum of 8 years of communications and investor relations experience; biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience highly preferred
- Established relationships and credibility with the investment community
- Proven success in management consulting roles strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex financial and investment information
- Experience planning and facilitating investor events
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and evolving priorities and respond to variable timelines with accuracy and urgency
- Possess an entrepreneurial, creative, and driven professional demeanor that embodies Neon’s vision and purpose
Equal Employment OpportunityNeon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Neon Therapeutics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.