REVOLUTION Medicines discovers and develops important new medicines for cancer patients by translating frontier oncology targets – proteins that drive the growth of cancers or that control immune responses that can defeat them. The company has a robust pipeline of R&D programs focused on frontier targets, including SHP2 (PTPN11), a tyrosine phosphatase enzyme that regulates cancer growth signaling and the immune response, SHP1 (PTPN6), a second tyrosine phosphatase that regulates multiple arms of the immune response, and 4EBP1, a key regulator of oncogene translation in the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway.
Headquartered in Redwood City, Calif. at the intersection of Silicon Valley and the birthplace of biotechnology, REVOLUTION Medicines is a private company financed by top-tier investors through $126 million raised in Preferred Series A & B rounds.
This is a critical leadership position within the Finance and Accounting function. The ideal candidate will oversee the entire day-to-day management of the accounting function including the financial close process, internal and eventually external reporting, establishment and maintenance of effective internal controls, and ensuring company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The corporate controller will ensure the accounting group is meeting the needs of management, various groups within the company, investors and strategic partners. Public company and IPO experience is required and experience preparing the company for SOX 404 compliance is a plus. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
More specifically and as a key player in the organization, you will:
- Lead the accounting function in preparation for the transition to public company standards and processes.
- Serve as primary coordinator for auditor engagements and with the CFO manage the relationship with the company auditors.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of all aspects of internal and external reporting including coordination of document review with management and external audit team.
- Administer, maintain, and ensure adherence to the company’s accounting policies and procedures in accordance with all accounting rules and regulations including ensuring compliance with SOX 404. Implement systems to ensure compliance, efficiency, and scalability as the company grows.
- Oversee the company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close and ensure they are completed on a timely basis. Review journal entries, accruals, analysis and reconciliations as necessary.
- Oversee the preparation and review of GAAP financial statements for internal and external reporting.
- Provide accounting and business expertise to corporate development transactions including collaboration agreements.
- Provide technical accounting support and research for advanced GAAP or SEC topics.
- Manage accounting function by providing overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees.