Successful candidates will bring strong experimental bench experience and become an integral part of a small team of scientists engaged in research, discovery, and characterization of novel biologics for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. Primary role will be to design and conduct experiments for producing and characterizing protein reagents as well as biomolecule therapeutics to support target validation and to enable the drug discovery pipeline. Initial responsibilities will include developing relevant biochemical and biophysical analysis of recombinant proteins and antibodies. The candidates should have hands-on experience in protein expression in mammalian systems, protein purification, protein characterization and analytics. Candidates will be responsible for experiment execution, data analysis, thorough documentation of the work, and clear communication of results. The candidates must be detail-oriented, capable of contributing independently, and able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Biochemistry, Protein Engineering, or Bioengineering with 5+ years’ experience in an industrial setting
- Hands-on experience with protein expression, purification, bio-analytical and functional evaluation of recombinant proteins and antibodies
- Candidate should be knowledgeable and skilled in purification techniques including affinity, size exclusion, and ion exchange chromatography; in assays for protein-protein interactions, and in protein analysis approaches including SDS-PAGE, HPLC, and Western Blot
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills