We seek highly motivated BS/MS level scientists to join a dynamic team dedicated to applying robust single cell RNA sequencing technologies towards the development of novel therapeutics for cancer and autoimmune diseases. The successful candidates will contribute to the generation and mining of high-throughput sequencing data and development and optimization of single cell and multi-modal sequencing protocols.
Candidates must have a molecular and/or cellular biology background. Prior experience working with single cell RNA-sequencing technologies (Smartseq2, 10X platform) is essential. Experience implementing automation solutions is a plus. The ability to communicate effectively, work well in a team setting, and a strong desire to learn new methods are required. The position offers an excellent opportunity to participate in a dynamic research environment in an exciting fast-paced field of research and drug development. Your work will be central to actioning the exciting field of single cell sequencing towards developing much needed new therapies for disease.
- Generation of RNAseq libraries from primary cells.
- Innovating single cell NGS library preparation methods and implementing automation to reduce bottlenecks.
- Adaptation of recent cutting-edge single cell genomics technologies (CRISPR, protein).
- Development and optimization of orthogonal approaches to scRNA-seq.
- Development and optimization of single cell isolation methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience with single cell RNA-seq (Smartseq2, 10X) is a must.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a molecular biology lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience with NGS techniques.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Flow-cytometry, sorting.
- Tissue isolation and dissociation.
- Experience with CRISPR and/or other functional genomics methods.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.