We seek highly motivated BS/MS level scientists to join a dynamic team dedicated to applying robust single cell RNA sequencing technologies towards the development of novel therapeutics for cancer and autoimmune diseases. The successful candidate will be a key member of the discovery engine team utilizing a robust single cell sequencing technology to understand cellular diversity in cancer and autoimmune diseases. The successful candidate will contribute to the efficient analysis of clinical and research tissues and innovate methods to optimize single cell isolation and characterization.
Candidates must have an immunology, cellular biology, or related background. Prior experience in tissue dissociation for single cell genomic approaches is essential. The ability to communicate effectively with scientists and clinicians, work well in a team setting, and a strong desire to learn new methods are required. The position offers an excellent opportunity to participate in a dynamic research environment in an exciting fast-paced field of research and drug development. Your work will be central to actioning the exciting field of single cell sequencing towards developing much needed new therapies for disease.
- Development of tissue analysis and QC methodology for clinical and research samples (multiple tissue types, diseases).
- Development and optimization of standardized single cell isolation methods.
- Biological characterization of tissues by FACS and spatial approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in immunology, cell biology, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a molecular biology lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience with clinical samples.
- A deep knowledge and hands-on experience with tissue dissociation (normal and diseases).
- Ability to work with scarce and abundant clinical material (core/pinch/punch biopsies, resections).
- Working knowledge of genomic approaches, in particular single cell RNA-sequencing technologies (Smart-seq2 and 10X Genomics platform).
- Molecular and cell biology expertise.
- Experience with CRISPRs.
- Experience with FACS.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.