We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and accomplished software engineer/data architect to work on a variety of genomics projects in the field of immuno-oncology and autoimmune-diseases. The individual will design and develop our cloud infrastructure (i.e., workflow engine), including data modelling, databases, web interfaces and various tools to enable the processing of large amounts of genomic data. These next-generation platform and tools for genomic data analysis will be an essential component of our drug discovery engine and the successful candidate will be a key member of the team.
The successful candidate will join a small team of data scientists and biologists using cutting edge genomics techniques and single cell sequencing for the discovery of new drug targets. Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Design and maintain workflow management systems, genomic pipelines, in a cloud computing environment.
- Enable our drug discovery engine by working closely with computational biologists on the analysis of large genomics datasets.
- Design and develop applications to allow real-time querying across internal data sources.
- Design and manage data schemas and data warehouses.
- Develop data access APIs for other applications.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience working as a data engineer or software engineer.
- Bachelor or associate degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient programming skills (e.g., Python, C++, Java, Scala).
- Strong experience with high performance computing in a Linux environment, preferably on a cloud platform (e.g., AWS).
- Strong experience with SQL and stored procedures; SDLC, version control systems, and unit tests; relational databases such as Oracle and MySQL.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB).
- Proficient with data visualization techniques.
- Basic understanding of statistics is a plus.
- Must have strong desire to build high performing, scalable, and secure solutions.
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change.
- Strong written, oral and public speaking communication skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to utilize that knowledge to determine the most efficient ways to meet business needs.