Are you excited about applying new technologies to solve big problems? Celsius Therapeutics is seeking scientists to work with us in leveraging the power of single cell genomics towards the pursuit of novel drugs for patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. You will be key in identifying, prioritizing, and credentialing new immuno-oncology and autoimmunity disease targets. We seek people who are curious about new science, comfortable being independent, confident in voicing their opinions, flexible to change as needs arise, and open to working with others on a diverse team.
- Analyzing large/diverse datasets to identify relevant drug discovery targets.
- Development of functional genomics capabilities to modulate gene function (knockdown, knockout, overexpression) in immune and other cell types.
- Detailed in vitro and in vivo follow-through on target and disease biology to provide efficient decision-making on new drug discovery targets.
- PhD degree in genetics, immunology or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of using genetic techniques to interrogate signaling and pathway biology.
- Deep expertise in optimizing and executing CRISPR and/or RNAi screens to interrogate target biology is required.
- A strong command of disease- and pathway biology in oncology and/or immunology is expected.
- Experience in immunology is highly preferred, including the development of model systems and techniques, performing, and interpreting results.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.