Are you looking for a role with impact?
We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist to join our growing in vivo pharmacology team. The successful candidate will be an integral member of a cross-functional team involved in multiple projects focused on developing novel therapeutics to improve stem cell transplantation. The position requires experience working with murine models of hematologic, oncology, and autoimmune disease.
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
We started with an idea— Significant needs remain for patients living with autoimmune diseases, blood cancers, and rare genetic diseases. Bone marrow transplant is a potential cure for many, but its high risks, toxic side effects and complexity prevent many patients from being able to benefit. Magenta is working comprehensively to change the transplant journey for patients.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Designing, planning, and executing in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, tolerability and mechanism of action of drug candidates
- Performing ex vivo assays to help broaden our understanding of how our therapeutic leads can affect normal immune function and autoimmune disease
- Analyzing and presenting scientific data, engaging colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion, and staying abreast of relevant scientific literature
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- PhD degree in a relevant field (pharmacology/biology/immunology) with 1-5 years of relevant research experience. BS/MS candidates with extensive experience (8+ years relevant experience in industry) will also be considered.
- Must be proficient in murine handling, dosing (IV, IP, SC), survival blood collection, and tissue harvesting.
- Requires expertise working with murine models of autoimmune, oncology, and/or hematologic disease. Humanized mouse experience is a plus.
- Experience with multiple molecular techniques (Flow cytometry, ELISA, etc.)
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own innovative research with minimal supervision
- Strong presentation skills, communication (written and verbal) and the ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Commitment to a high-performance, patient & people-first culture, where there is alignment around a common vision and individuals are supported in their growth path
- Experience working in cultures where courage, commitment and excellence are the backbone of the leadership profile
- Prior success with research in a hands-on, highly collaborative growth environment
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
To be successful as a leader and contributor within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business.
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment and Excellence
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume and include the job title in the subject of your email.