Are you looking for a role with impact?
We are looking for a Formulations Scientist with experience in biologics that can contribute independently while collaborating with a great team on a shared mission. Our team is a place where the autonomy to chase an idea and drive innovative solutions are not just encouraged and supported, but expected. If you are looking for a place where you can impact the strategy and success of your company, while remaining close to the lab and the science, we would like to hear from you.
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
We started with an idea— Significant needs remain for patients living with autoimmune diseases, blood cancers, and rare genetic diseases. Bone marrow transplant is a potential cure for many, but its high risks, toxic side effects and complexity prevent many patients from being able to benefit. Magenta is working comprehensively to change the transplant journey for patients.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You would be perfect for this role if you are engaged by and interested in:
- Developing analytical methods to enable formulation and stability assessment of antibodies and ADCs
- Leading formulation development activities and routine stability assessment to support preclinical and phase 1 clinical studies
- Participating in the establishment of CQAs/PQAs for reference standard, drug substance and drug product
- Writing, designing and executing stability studies to support IND filings and clinical development
- Developing and transferring analytical methods to CROs/CDMOs across all stages of drug development
- Evaluating novel formulation technologies for stability assessment
- Collaborating with process, regulatory, and program management groups to enable regulatory filings
- Authoring and reviewing formulation and analytical sections of CMC reports and technology transfer documents
- Serving in partnership as an integral member of the biologics development team!
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- PhD with 2-3 years experience in biophysics, pharmaceutics, biochemistry or related discipline with experience in biologics drug development. Candidates with a strong record of scientific achievement and independence with a MS and 8 + years in industry also considered.
- Expertise in large molecule formulation and analytical development, protein biochemistry, biophysics, and stability studies
- Familiarity with FDA and ICH guidelines for the clinical development of antibodies and ADCs
- Hands on experience on different analytical techniques (SEC, RP, HIC, IEX), CD/FTIR, DSF/DSC, CE-SDS/IEF, AUC, light scattering, glycan profiling, particle analysis etc.
- Experience in developing formulations for pre-clinical and phase 1 clinical studies
- Solid understanding of evolution of analytical and formulation development principles from discovery to IND enabling studies
- Familiarity with In-use stability and container closure compatibility studies
- Experience with intact mass analysis, peptide mapping and glycan profiling using mass spectrometry
- Proven ability in collaborating effectively within cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver in a timeline-driven, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Commitment to a high-performance, patient & people-first culture, where there is alignment around a common vision and individuals are supported in their growth path
To be successful as a leader and contributor within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business.
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment and Excellence!