Decibel Therapeutics is looking for an experienced pharmacologist/biologist that will take a hands-on role as part of a team studying protection and repair of inner ear function. The qualified candidate will execute experiments to discover new treatments for hearing loss. The candidate should be able to work under minimal supervision, be team-oriented and collaborative. The candidate should be adept at troubleshooting.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
In this position, the candidate will
- Deliver compounds to the inner ear using surgical techniques that will allow to inject compounds in the labyrinth or in the bulla of small rodents of different ages.
- Collect perilymph, CSF and plasma samples from small rodents.
- Collect inner ear tissue samples for histological and/or molecular analysis and profiling.
- Perform ABR and DPOAEs measurements in small rodents.
- Conduct whole body perfusion and tissue collection for histological analysis.
- Dissect the cochlea and process the tissue for histological analysis.
- Analyze data, identify next steps, and communicate findings to the team.
- Interact with various project teams to share and distribute information.
- Work will be done as part of a team, regularly collaborating on tasks and communicating results.
- Experience with small animal surgery, micro-dissection, survival surgery, and delivery to the inner ear are essential.
- Candidate should also have experience in tissue handling, immunohistochemistry, histology, microscopy and in vivo dosing.
- Experience with physiological recordings (ABR and DPOAEs) and basic statistics is an advantage.
- Experience with in vivo models of hearing loss and a strong background in neuroscience will be an advantage.
- BS and/or MS in Biology or related discipline required
- PhD preferred
- 5 years of lab experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.