Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate opening available for Biologist/High Throughput Screening Senior Research Associate Scientist. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of a Senior Scientist or Scientist.
- Lead the internal development of a high-throughput process from optimization and validation through a successful Operations workflow.
- Design, develop, and implement in vitro assays for a variety of disease targets related to fibrosis. The candidate will validate and miniaturize the assays to identify new leads through primary screens, but also characterize potential candidates from our Medicinal Chemistry department.
- Responsible for HTS evaluation, requiring excellent quality metrics.
- BS, MS in Cellular Biology, High Throughput Screening, or related field with a minimum of five years working with cellular assay development, high throughput screening.
- Experience involving the design, optimization and validation of automated high throughput screening assays. Ability to independently execute studies and provide reports to major stakeholders (biologists and chemists). Strong understanding of data analysis packages for HTS, statistics and QC principles.
- Strong background in assay development, solid phase binding assays and expertise in cell biology/culture and is expected to provide valuable insights to drug discovery.
- Attention to detail and rigorous observation of variances in methods and controls.
- Effective communication skills, ability to present data at project team meetings is essential.
- Experience mentoring and training others.
- Experience with integrin biology, protein-protein interactions, ion channel pharmacology.
- Development of classical solid phase and cell based systems but also complex biological models including co-cultures assays.
- Well versed into HTS technology, cellular screening approaches, FACS, imaging.
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced work environment with the goal of transforming the lives of people with debilitating diseases.