The Contracts Manager reports to the VP Legal Affairs and IP, and is the lead within Decibel for providing contract support across the full range of Decibel requirements, spanning from Preclinical Research, to Clinical Development, to G&A functions.
The Contracts Manager will work collaboratively across all functions and levels within Decibel to understand the business needs and then to draft and negotiate contracts which meet those needs using Decibel’s standard template agreements, and/or developing new ones together with internal counsel as warranted.
- Provide contracting support to all internal functions to support the needs of the business, by drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements in consultation with internal counsel– including, but not limited to, Confidentiality Agreements, Materials Transfer Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, Data Transfer Agreements, Statements of Work, and other business agreements.
- Master and seek to improve the internal contracting process, and develop internal training material related to the contracting process. Assist with ongoing contract template projects to update and refine internal templates.
- Work collaboratively with the legal team to leverage Decibel’s integrated contracts management system.
- Act as a liaison between internal business partners and the legal department on contract-related inquiries and contracting processes involving external vendors. Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors on contract maintenance, renewals, and terminations.
- Identify and escalate issues and risks, current and potential, to internal counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years’ experience at a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company negotiating and drafting agreements
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced, high volume environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed on complex projects
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization
- Scientific research experience a plus
- JD a plus
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.