Neon Therapeutics is an immuno-oncology company focused on developing novel therapeutics leveraging neoantigen biology to treat cancer. Neon utilizes its expertise in bioinformatics, neoepitope prediction and immune monitoring to identify tumor specific mutations and monitor clinical response to their personalized vaccines. Neon Therapeutics’ lead program is NEO-PV-01, a bespoke neoantigen vaccine that builds upon years of research and development at the Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. NEO-PV-01 is now being studied in a Phase 1b clinical trial combining the vaccine with Opdivo®, a PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor from Bristol-Myers Squibb, in patients with measurable metastatic melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer and bladder cancer. Also in development are NEO-PTC-01, a bespoke autologous T cell therapy, and a Shared Neoantigen Program leveraging neoepitopes that are common across patients and tumor types.
In addition, Neon has established strategic partnerships with CRISPR, Merck, and Apexigen, among others. By the end of 2018, it is anticipated there will be multiple clinical programs utilizing Neon’s platform.
Neon Therapeutics was incubated and launched by Third Rock Ventures and raised a $55M Series A in 2015 and, more recently, a $106M Series B in December 2017.
Neon is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate to join Neon’s Immune monitoring group. The candidate will work within the Immune monitoring group in close collaboration with other scientists in the group and with other groups at Neon. The group is focused on translational immunology and he/she will work directly with the clinical samples generated during Neon trials. He/she will work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary research team to develop different immune monitoring assays and data. S/he will work both independently and cross-functionally to develop and test many different vaccine technologies.
A successful candidate will embody and demonstrate commitment to Neon’s core values: Patients, People, Science, Tenacity, Pioneer, Integrity
- Develop and optimize automation for Immune monitoring assays using a liquid handling system.
- Design and perform Immune monitoring assays like ELISAs, ELISPOTS, Fluorescence activated cell sorting analysis, and T cell proliferation assays.
- Purification and characterization of PBMCs and tumor infiltrating lymphocytes from peripheral blood and lymphocytes.
- Establish and maintain primary human culture.
- Develop SOPS and maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- Will be an active player in clinical sample management and analysis.
- Improvement of current processes and implementation of new technologies.
- Analysis and presentation of results to larger scientific groups.
- Work productively in a team environment and independently and deliver against timelines.
Experience and Essential Skills
- BS/MS in Biological Science or related field with a minimum of 2 years of working experience in academia or industry.
- Experience with automating laboratory processes and programming liquid handling systems preferred.
- Prior experience in development of immune related assays.
- Deep knowledge of T cell biology, and experience in cell culture work.
- Prior experience working with immuno-oncology systems preferred.
- Experience in a clinical lab highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills and a pro-active mentality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience functioning within a multi-disciplinary team and ability to integrate cross-functional information, to optimize work flows.
- Demonstrated experience working with contract research organizations and academic collaborators.
At Neon Therapeutics, our core values drive our actions ever day. Successful candidates will demonstrate and embody our company’s commitment to:
- Patients: Urgently develop life-changing medicines
- People: Listen, Learn, Teach
- Science: Creative, Rigorous, Uncompromising
- Tenacity: Persevere, Build Neon to last
- Pioneer: Leave the comfort zone, Create the future
- Integrity: Do RIGHT
Equal Employment Opportunity
Neon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Neon Therapeutics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.