As a Senior Scientist, you will be expected to work equally well in self-starting mode as well as a member of a matrixed team within Fulcrum. Your initial focus will be to develop, implement and execute appropriate in vitro assays required for the advancement of high priority projects. You will work in close collaboration with the management team and scientists to drive our pre-clinical target discovery program and industrialize target validation in a variety of diseases. This role is seeking an individual who desires to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives and have a direct impact on progressing novel therapies to patients.
- Develop and execute appropriate in vitro assays required for the advancement of high priority projects
- Work closely with the research team to validate, invalidate and prioritize targets in specific monogenic diseases
- Industrialize CRISPR-based target discovery approaches in challenging disease models
- Present and discuss results with the research team and the external research community; work among a team of talented scientists
- Provide novel, innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Prepare protocols and SOPs for diverse assays
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments
- Interact and communicate results and conclusions within the biology group and cross functional project teams
- Review the scientific literature to remain abreast of developments in relevant fields
- Ph.D. with at least 4+ year of relevant post-graduate and / or industry experience in neurologic and/ or muscle and/ or cardiovascular diseases.
- Independently design, execute, troubleshoot, and interpret biological experiments in support of program objectives
- Track record using genomic approaches, including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, or ATAC-seq, to understand cellular gene regulatory networks. Experience working closely with computational biologists is a plus
- Experience using laboratory automation and robotics
- Expertise in in vitro (cell lines, stem cells and explants) models relevant to skeletal muscle, cardiomyopathy, and / or CNS indications with a proven track record in assay development, implementation and execution
- Familiarity with muscle cell biology and / or neuroanatomy, knowledge of cellular physiology, electrophysiology and neuro-muscular function, neuro-muscular cell imaging and quantitative algorithm application, and neuro- muscular histopathology is a plus