Our company was founded on the premise that protein motion can be used to build breakthrough medicines. The team at Relay is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients’ lives. We don't just stare hard problems in the face. We go out looking for them. Are you energized by attempting to do the impossible? We're looking for you.
We’ve built the kind of work environment that not only gets but keeps people excited and focused. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery is a challenge, but we are confident that our team’s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients. We're building a company for the ages. Are you ready to #jointherelay?
- At Relay, our team is energized by the ultimate collaboration between biology, chemistry, computation, and biochemistry & biophysics. Our office and lab space are constantly in motion – and fun! We need an experienced Lab Operations Specialist to help support our highly integrated teams and keep our lab space running like clockwork. Do you strive to make a daily impact on the team? This job is for you.
- Our lab space is growing and evolving. You’ll be the engine that keeps our lab running smoothly and the go-to person for all things lab-related. Are you often the one effortlessly orchestrating complex projects behind the scenes? This could be your next lead role.
- Our ideal candidate is solution oriented, meticulously organized and a highly effective, candid communicator. You’ll be the lifeline keeping lab operations running. Our team is gracious, thoughtful and thankful. We take what we do seriously without taking ourselves too seriously.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of lab operations, facilities operations (equipment moves, vendor management) and company operations (capacity planning, space strategy and oversight, move management and internal process planning).
- Our lab is full of specialized instrumentation. You will be responsible for all aspects of lab their installation, maintenance, and repair
- Safety in our lab is paramount. As our Lab Safety officer, we will be counting on you
- You will manage our laboratory alarm monitoring system ensuring that critical equipment is running properly
- You will make sure we have the consumables we need to conduct our experiments
- Our scientists will look to you for assistance with CAPEX purchasing of laboratory equipment
- To keep our lab organized running smoothly, it will be your responsibility to define and oversee processes including sample shipping and inventory management (chemical reagents, cell lines, etc.)
- Disaster averted! You will create and implement disaster recovery plans
- You'll provide insights into best practices for scaling the company during growth periods to include physical space, cultural impacts and long-term strategy
- You will create and own the operations budget. You will partner with Finance to ensure all aspects of company operations are appropriately represented and tracked. We will also look to you to provide input into the long range strategic operating plan
- You have at least 6 years of lab experience with a minimum of 4 years lab operations
- You have a B.S. or higher in Chemistry, Biology or a related scientific discipline
- You have demonstrated the ability to multi-task and prioritize challenges to ensure the successful execution of your goals. Nothing slips through the cracks
- You have excellent interpersonal communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- You take pride in making things happen quickly and efficiently
- Have you helped move a lab into new office space? This is a plus
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves, you’re perfectly poised jumping in to handle a wide variety of tasks, which could range from ordering reagents to researching the latest lab equipment or coordinating a move to a new location
At Relay, we believe that along with our scientists, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2017 & the #1 place for small companies in 2018. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.