The biology team at Casma is committed to developing the best tools to further our understanding of autophagy in disease and, advance safe and life-changing therapeutics into the clinic. We are a collaborative, motivated, and selfless team that is driving pathway discovery, target validation and drug development. We have high standards for our science, and we believe in enabling our colleagues to do great things and live great lives.
We are seeking a new member of our team at the Scientist level. You will be an integral part of drug discovery programs that lead to the identification of novel therapeutic targets and drug candidates for clinical development. We are a newly founded and fast-growing startup; you will have numerous growth opportunities and your voice will actively contribute to the company direction. We are looking for someone who will share our excitement about the science, contribute to our culture, and honor our commitment to patients.
Autophagy is a conserved cellular process that contributes to overall organismal healthspan. Inefficient autophagy flux or defects in lysosomal homeostasis are observed in numerous pathologies (e.g. neurodegeneration, metabolic disorders, inflammation, and muscle degeneration). Casma Therapeutics is a new company focused on harnessing the power of autophagy to bring forward breakthrough medicines that profoundly impact the lives of patients.
- D. in cell biology, biochemistry, or cancer biology with 0-2 years of experience conducting high quality science in an industry setting.
- Strong core competencies in molecular biology, cell biology, assay development, and medium throughput compound screening.
- Proficient in mammalian cell culture, primary cells, cell line development, and generation of disease models
- Strong expertise in genetic manipulation using technologies such as CRISPR, shRNA, lentiviral/retroviral transduction, RNAi
- Hands-on knowledge of flow cytometry and FACS analysis techniques
- Experience in western blotting and immunoprecipitation
- Previous experience with live cell imaging, high content imaging, and FRET assays favorably considered
- Previous experience working with mouse models, compound dosing, tissue processing, and immunohistochemistry a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to think logically and critically
- Ability to successfully participate in a highly creative and enthusiastic start-up environment
- Exemplify a patient first mentality, courage, integrity, drive, and respect for all team members
- At Casma, the well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
If you would like to learn more, please send us your resume and anything else you would like to share.