Are you excited about applying new technologies to solve big problems? Celsius Therapeutics is seeking scientists to work with us in leveraging the power of single cell genomics towards the pursuit of novel drugs for patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. You will be key in the design and execution of single-cell genomic projects, interpreting the results of these experiments, and following through on validating new targets that come from these screens. We seek people who are curious about new science, comfortable being independent, confident in voicing their opinions, flexible to change as needs arise, and open to working with others on a diverse team.
- Implementation, optimization and standardization of new cutting-edge single-cell genomics technologies to primary cells
- Execution of various NGS workflows from single cells to data (including library construction, quantification, QC and sequencing) ensuring high level of quality and reliability of generated results.
- Integration of high throughput approaches to NGS workflows (e.g. automation).
- Operation of Illumina sequencing instruments.
- Together with tissue experts building sample to data workflows and SOPs tailored to various applications/projects.
- Development, optimization, and validation of novel NGS assays.
- Clear communication of research findings in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop scientific staff.
- PhD degree in molecular/cellular biology, immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing workflows is a must.
- Solid knowledge of and hands-on experience with Illumina sequencing technology.
- Experience in single-cell RNA-seq methods (e.g. plate or microfluidics-based) is an asset.
- Experience designing and implementing novel methodologies/assays for NGS applications.
- Experience with liquid handlers/automation is preferred.
- Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to details and dedication to excellence.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to learn about and implement new technologies.