Third Rock Ventures is seeking a dynamic individual to join its stellar team of administrative professionals in our Boston office. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to become a trusted partner to several senior leaders at Third Rock and play an integral role in Third Rock’s mission to discover, launch and build biotech companies that will transform lives. The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast‐paced entrepreneurial environment, demonstrate exceptional multi‐tasking skills, and have a natural ability to manage competing priorities. In this critical role, you will act as the primary day‐to‐day interface between those you support, external thought leaders, executives and partners, as well as the internal TRV team. This position requires great attention to detail, organization, and professionalism. The EA will work collaboratively with their partners to strategically manage their busy calendars, as well as support the company’s critical business needs and projects.
• Provide day‐to‐day administrative support to several partners, senior leaders and the discovery projects for Third Rock
• Execute proactive calendar management of their schedules, board meetings and board sub‐committee commitments, as well as occasional offsites and business dinners
• Serve as representative of the executives in communications with both internal and external partners, protecting their time and ensuring prioritization of key business objectives and activities
• Coordinate domestic and international travel: flights, accommodations, meals, and ground transportation
• Coordinate activities, documents and deliverables for discovery projects
• Process cash expenses, create documents and presentations, as well as assist on research projects and special projects as assigned
• Provide back‐up and support to the rest of the administrative team
• Proactively seek ways to streamline administrative processes and leverage best practices that build on our collaborative work environment
• Serve as a positive culture carrier for the company and external partners
• At least 8 plus years of experience supporting senior level executives in a fast‐paced, dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated flexibility and professional maturity to readily understand priorities, handle sensitive/confidential information and anticipate needs.
• Experience in start‐up environment strongly preferred; biotech/ pharma experience will be favorably considered.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver on the most critical assignments on time and within budget.
• Must have a positive “can do” attitude, be a consummate team player, show excellent judgment working with confidential information, as well an ability to work well independently.
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint along with experience setting up systems and databases.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
• 4‐year degree required.