We are a new company focused on harnessing intrinsic protein stability mechanisms to expand the reach of small molecule therapeutics. Focusing on diseases caused by protein dysregulation, in ways that are distinct from other approaches, provides an opportunity to create unique and valuable new medicines for patients in need. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a group of biologists supporting an array of small molecule cancer drug discovery projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
You are a creative and motivated scientist interested in developing next generation cancer therapeutics. You will lead a group of biologists supporting an array of small molecule cancer drug discovery projects. Your leadership experience will be key in continuing to move oncology programs forward in a collaborative and scientifically rigorous environment.
We view you as an important team member and leader whose contributions will be critical to our success. Those contributions could include:
- Lead a biology group supporting drug discovery projects through to clinical testing
- Mentor scientists and team leaders in cancer biology and drug discovery; champion the growth of a talented and aspirational team of cancer biologists
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with biomolecular science, chemistry, and proteomics groups at Cedilla to advance drug discovery projects
- Help to refine and advance oncology drug discovery strategy; proactively review literature for latest scientific findings, ideas, methods and technologies
- Ensures successful execution of leading-edge approaches to find and prosecute novel oncology targets; develop cell-based assays for small molecule lead optimization and mechanism of action studies
- Creative and scientifically-oriented leader who stays close to the science and drives data-driven decisions
- Interpret, summarize and present research findings in internal and external scientific meetings
Highlights of your background include:
- Demonstrably successful experience leading multiple small molecule cancer drug discovery programs from discovery towards the clinic; experience contributing to at least one IND submission preferred
- Intuitive and inspirational leader; experience supervising and mentoring team leaders and individual contributors in cancer cell biology and drug discovery
- Productive publication record in cancer biology and/or drug discovery
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrable experience and capabilities are preeminent, but typical foundational profiles could be: PhD in Cell & Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology or related field plus 5-10 years of experience in biotech or pharma; MS in Cell & Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology or related field plus 10-15 years of experience in biotech or pharma.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume to Careers@Cedillatx.com with the job title in the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.